Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Getting ready to move

We've known for a month now that we would be moving. And we have wasted no time getting things packed up. Even though "moving day" isn't until the end of February, we already have a great deal of the apartment packed up in boxes.

I have felt a little like I'm on a reverse treasure hunt. Instead of looking for hidden treasures, I'm discovering things I had forgotten we had or at least hadn't seen for a while, only to put it into a box or throw out. It's fun and painful at the same time.

There is a lot of stress involved in moving. Katie and I have been quite unlike our friends our age since we haven't moved at all since we got married. In fact she hasn't moved since more than two years before we got married because I moved into the apartment she was already in with roommates. And besides the fact we both loved the apartment, it was easier to kick the roommates out than find a new place.

I'm not saying this will be the only house we live in the rest of our lives, but I'm of course not ruling out the possibility. The house has four bedrooms and two bathrooms. Plenty of space for a family to grow into. And we know how (or at least know someone who knows how) to update the parts of the house that need it, like the kitchen. We are allowing a couple weeks between closing day and moving day to repair and paint, and other minor details. We will post more here about those projects later.

No comments:

Post a Comment