Monday, January 26, 2009

Braden's Favorite Smells

Katie thinks its strange that I have favorite smells, and you may too. Here are the top three:

1) Fresh-ground coffee beans. I don't drink the stuff, but I love the smell of it. In fact, I even make a special trip down the coffee aisle in the grocery store just for the smell whenever I'm there for other groceries.

2) Manure. Something about fresh country air is alluring. I'm totally a city boy and I could never handle living in the country, but whenever I do smell manure, I am on cloud nine. It's not horses. I don't care for horses, but manure that is ready to use for agricultural purposes is fantastic. Not that I do any type of agricultural anything. I just really like the smell. 

3) Charcoal. Whenever I smell it I know summer barbeques are here. True, propane grills heat larger amounts of food quickly, and is ideal for large parties, but nothing can replace the taste and aroma of charcoal. Dutch ovens use charcoal. That brings back the memories... Anyway this may be my most normal favorite smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment